§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Data protection and the secure use of data are of considerable importance to us.
Therefore, we only handle your data according to the legal requirements: Art. 12 and 13 of the EU GDPR.
In the following, we provide you with information about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data means all data that relate directly to you, for example, your name, address, email address and user behaviour.
(2) The Controller according to Section 4, para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Telephone: +49 621 91109 – 444
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our postal address, in this case, please state “For the attention of the Data Protection Officer”.
(3) If you contact us by email, we will save the data that you provide to us voluntarily in order to answer your questions. We will delete the data that arise in this context after its storage is no longer required, or limit the processing if there are statutory storage obligations.
(4) If we rely on commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective transactions. In doing so, we will also state the specified criteria for the duration of storage.
§ 2 Your rights
According to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
• to request information about the categories of processed data, the processing purposes, possible recipients of the data and the planned storage duration (Art. 15, GDPR);
• to request the rectification and/or supplementation of incorrect and/or incomplete data (Art. 16, GDPR);
• to withdraw consent previously issued consent with future effect at any time (Art. 7, para. 3, GDPR).
• in certain cases, in terms of Art. 17, GDPR, to request the erasure of data – particularly insofar as the data are no longer needed for the intended purpose and/or have been unlawfully processed, or if you withdraw your consent according to Art. 7, para. 3, GDPR, or you have lodged an objection according to Art. 21, GDPR.
• under certain conditions, to request the restriction of data, insofar as an erasure is not possible and/or the erasure obligation is disputed (Art. 18, GDPR);
• to data portability, i.e. to receive the personal data which you have provided to us in a commonplace, machine-readable format such as CSV or to request its forwarding to others (Art. 20, GDPR);
• to submit a complaint about the data processing to the responsible supervisory authority
Please send all requests for information, erasure and rectification as well as enquiries regarding the right of access, data portability or objections to the data processing by email or post to
Data Protection Officer
We further inform you that according to the legal provisions set out in Section 21, GDPR, you are entitled to object to the future processing of your personal data at any time. The right to object refers in particular to the processing for direct marketing purposes.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) In the case of merely informative use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website we will collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us so that we are able to display our website and ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6, para. 1, s. 1 (f), GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Contents of the request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– The transferred data volume
– Website from which the request originates
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, as assigned accordingly by the browser that you use, which allow the entity that places the cookie (in this case, us) to then receive certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the internet offering more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookie, the scope and functionality of which are explained as follows:
– Transient cookies (see b)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store what is referred to as the “session ID”, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognised if you return to our website. Session cookies will be deleted as soon as you log out or close your browser.
c) You can configure your browser setting according to your requirements and decline the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that in this case, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
Disclosure of data
Your personal data are not disclosed to third parties for any purposes other than the purposes listed below.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if
• you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1, s. 1 (a), GDPR,
• The disclosure is necessary according to Art. 6, para. 1, s. 1 (f), GDPR for the safeguarding of our authorised interests or for the safeguarding the legitimate interests of third parties, and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest in the non-disclosure of your data worthy of protection,
• In the case of a legal obligation for the disclosure according to Art. 6, para 1, s. 1 (c), GDPR, and
• This is legally admissible and necessary for the successful completion of contractual relations with you according to Art. 6, para. 1 s.1, (b), GDPR.
§ 4 Data Privacy for Job Applications and the Job Application Process
(1) We collect and process personal data of job applicants for managing the application process. These data can also be processed electronically. That applies, in particular, in case any applicant transfers their job application electronically, for example by email. If we conclude an employment contract with an applicant, the data they transferred will be stored for managing the employment relationship by observing the legal provisions. If no employment contract is concluded with the applicant, the application documents will manually be erased six months after the announcement of the decision to refuse the applicant, unless the erasure is otherwise prohibited by other legitimate interests of the controller. Other legitimate interests as used in the above sentence mean, for instance, a duty to provide evidence in proceedings under the Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz [German Act on Equal Treatment] (AGG).
(2) You will also find job offers of the company Hitachi Chemical Europe GmbH on our webpages. Please send your applications directly to email@example.com.
If your application for a job with Hitachi Chemical Europe GmbH is filed with ISOLITE GmbH, we will transfer your application documents to Hitachi Chemical Europe GmbH. We consider the legitimate interests of both Hitachi Chemical Europe GmbH and of the applicant to be the legal basis for this data transfer.
For more information on how Hitachi Chemical Europe GmbH handles your personal data, please refer to the company’s Privacy Notice at http://www.hitachi-chem.com.jp/english/privacy/index.html.
§ 5 Integration of Vimeo videos
(1) For the integration of videos, we use the service provider Vimeo; the videos are stored at http://www.vimeo.com and can be played back directly from our website. All videos have been integrated in the “enhanced data protection mode”, which means that no data about you as a user will be transferred to Vimeo if you do not play the videos. The data stated in para. 2 will only be transferred if you play the videos. We have no control over such a transfer of data.
(2) When you visit the website, Vimeo receives information that you have accessed the relevant sub-page of our website. The data stated under § 3 of this declaration will also be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether Vimeo provides a user account into which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. Vimeo stores your data as user profiles and uses the data for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the customisation of its website. Data (including data of users who are not logged in) are evaluated in this way, for example, to provide custom advertising and to inform us about your use of our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such user profiles; if you intend to exercise this right, please contact Vimeo.
(3 ) Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by Video is provided in the data protection declaration. This also contains further information about your rights and your settings options for the protection of your private sphere: https://vimeo.com/privacy . Vimeo is operated by Vimeo, Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011.
§ 6 Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly in the website and allows you the convenient use of the map feature.
(2) Through visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. The data stated under § 3 of this declaration will also be transmitted. This will occur regardless of whether Google provides a user account into which you are logged in, or no user account exists. If you have logged into Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not want the data to be assigned to your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google will store your data as user profiles and use it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the custom configuration of its website. Data (including data of users who are not logged in) are for example evaluated in this way to provide custom advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your use of our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such user profiles; if you intend to exercise this right, please contact Google.
(3 ) Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider is available in the data protection declarations of the provider. These also contain further information about your rights and your settings options for the protection of your private sphere: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy . Google will also process your processing in the USA, and has agreed to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework .
§ 7 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, small text files that are stored on your computer which enable an analysis of how you use our website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In the event of activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities, and to provide other services relating to the use of the website and the internet to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted in the scope of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data provided by Google.
(3 ) You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to their fullest extent, however. You may also prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de .
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp ()”. As a result, IP addresses are processed in shortened form, thereby excluding the possibility of personal identification. Insofar as the data collected about your person is assigned a personal reference, it will be immediately excluded and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and make regular improvements to the use of our website. With the statistics that we obtain, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as the user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has agreed to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework . The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6, para. 1, s. 1 (f), GDPR.
(6) Information of the third party service provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. Conditions of use: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html , Overview on data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html , and data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy .
§ 8 FanPages at Xing and LinkedIn
(1) ISOLITE GmbH operates fanpages at Xing and LinkedIn. These pages are operated on the basis of our legitimate interests in modern and supporting options for information for and interaction with our users and visitors pursuant to Art. 6(1) point f of the GDPR.
(3) The technical access and the further use of these data which are stored when users access the fanpage, are generally subject to the responsibility of the operator of the relevant social network. ISOLITE GmbH has neither access to the collected user data nor are we able to determine how such data will be used by the network operator.
(4) Furthermore, please note that data might be processed by the social networks outside of the EU or the European Economic Area. For more details on how these social networks will use any data they collect, please contact the operator of the relevant social network.
(5) Please visit these companies’ Data Privacy Notices at:
§ 9 Erasure periods
Insofar as the legal storage obligations do not stipulate otherwise, an erasure of your personal data will take place if you have asserted a request for its deletion, if the data are no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose of the original storage, or if the storage of the data is inadmissible for other legal reasons.
§ 10 Topicality and changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice is currently valid and is dated May 2018.